Summer is here and BBQ parties are the most delicious part of the season.
Keep your pup safe with these simple safety tips:
- Place alcohol up high and out of reach.
- Grill flames, matches and lighter fluid can be lethal to dogs. Keep your dog at a safe distance from the grill.
- Hot food off the grill is certainly tasty to us but can cause your dog an upset stomach. It's a good idea to have dog treats close by or even feed your dog a meal to distract them from the action.
- Watch your dogs interaction with guests. It may be time to go inside for a rest if the party is overwhelming them.
- Observe your dogs breathe. Be sure they get plenty of fresh cold water and do not overheat.